Friday, June 28, 2013

Moonglass By Jessi Kirby- Review

Hello Friends! 

I recently finished Jessi Kirby's latest book, Moonglass. To here more about what I have to say about it, continue on! 

Summary (NO SPOILERS):

Anna’s life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It’s bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.
While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean’s tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna’s mother’s death- stays buried forever.
Emma's Review: I think this was a pretty good read. It wasn't the best book of all time, but I felt satisfied when I finished it. I do think though, that the plot went a little off the deep end. When I first started reading, I though it was going to be a summer romance and a "coming of age" type of book. I did get sucked in toward the middle, though, which I believe was the best part of the book. Out of five stars, I give this one three. It was a quick little satisfying read! Keep a look out for Jessi Kirby's latest book, Golden, which came out in May 2013!

Get This Book! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/moonglass-jessi-kirby/1100215166?ean=9781442416949 
More on Jessi Kirby- JessiKirby.com 
Emma- TheBookCouture

No comments:

Post a Comment