Friday, September 27, 2013

My Review: The Kindle Paperwhite

Hey Readers!

Today I have a special post for you- all about the kindle paperwhite! Spring Break 2013, I went to Rosemary Beach, Fl and was looking forward to reading some new books I had just downloaded. When I got to Florida, I realized my original kindle screen was all frozen and fuzzy (think like a tv screen) and it had completely stopped working. I don't know if it was water damage or what but it was toast. 

I ended up purchasing the Kindle Paperwhite at the beginning of the summer. I know what you are thinking- the beginning of the summer?! Shouldn't you have a review up sooner? Well, I wanted to test it out for a few months, really get to know how it works, before I showed it to y'all. Here it is!

Review: So far, I really like the Paperwhite! One of the coolest things about it is the Paperwhite feature (obviously). It allows you to read any time of day/night easily by being able to turn the brightness up or down. As far as reading, it doesn't hurt my eyes at all. Amazon has done it again! It feels like you are reading real pages. This kindle is touch screen, and I think that is a great quality. However I will say that sometimes the keyboard gets a little touchy and annoying to deal with. I also miss the page turning buttons that I had on my original kindle. The touch screen does get annoying in that sense. This kindle is still in black and white, which I don't mind. I find that I don't really need color if I'm only using the device for reading. Out of 5 stars I give this one a 4! Good job, Amazon!

        Kindle Paperwhite 

Original Kindle


We are going to be at the Austin Teen Book Festival! Stay on the look out for reviews, author interviews
life posts, and more!
Emma 
TheBookCouture

No comments:

Post a Comment